Book Review - Dead Witch Walking

I love stories about vampires and creatures of the night. Not necessarily the type that will keep me awake all night worrying about the sounds I hear outside my window but more of the clever, funny yet still scary stuff. If you've read Laurel Hamilton, then you know what I mean.

Dead Witch Walking by Kim Harrison fit the bill...somewhat. The main character is a bounty hunting witch. Vampires and Pixies and the like live openly among humans (though not comfortably) and magic abounds. However, it was missing some of the elements that Hamilton is so good at: graphic sex and violence (often at the same time) with interesting quirks because of the non-human characters. This was more like a regular mystery novel with a small element of romance that happened to have a witch as the major character. Now that I write that, maybe I'm not being fair - there were magic spells and demons so not quite a regular mystery novel.


It was interesting enough that I'm going to check out the sequel.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Great book - haven't read the sequel yet. Very quirky.
Crime Dog said…
Vampires, mummies, and the Holy Ghost. These are the things that terrify me the most. Oh, and snowbirds who can't see over the dashboard of their 9,000 lb Buick.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020