Vibraslap = The Crack Cocaine of Musical Instruments

For such an innocent looking instrument, the vibraslap is evil in so many ways.

It doesn't look that dangerous...


First of all, it's completely addictive. I warned Lisa of The Tropiholics that once she got her hands on one, she wouldn't be able to stop. It turned out to be prophetic. Whether it was the instrument itself or the shots of tequila that Pirate Rick was pouring into her, she couldn't put it down. She even ordered one once she got back to Atlanta.

Secondly, it's painful. Hit the ball wrong or repeatedly in the same place on your body and you will get bruised. On Sunday morning, I had two bruises on my left hand. One was on the palm and the other covered the bottom part of my pinkie. The latter clearly came from a mis-hit.

Finally, if you find it at all annoying, you will soon find it very annoying. Just ask Jim Asbell. He was clearly not a fan. In fact, he looked pained every time he heard it. Too bad for him that Lisa will probably be getting hers soon.

I really need to break down and buy one but I think I would run amok if I did.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

May 2020

March 2020