Canadians Must Hate Good Beer

I never imagined it to be true...

I've associated beer with Canada since the days of Bob and Doug McKenzie. And, since so many Canadian beers are quite good, I assumed that Canadians had good taste.

Over five trips to Canada in the past year, I've tried Wild Rose Velvet Fog, Sleeman Honey Brown, Sleeman Original Draught, Okanagan Spring 1516, Okanagan Spring Extra, Kokanee, Alexander Keith's, Molson Canadian and Molson M. Not a klunker in the group though there are a few that wouldn't be my first choice.

Imagine my huge surprise, and great disappointment, to learn that the best selling beer in the Great White North isn't one of those fine local brews. No, it's something not even close to drinkable.

It's Coors Light.

I read it in a national newspaper on my last trip. Here's what's even worse. It replaced Budweiser which had been the top selling beer.

Really, Canada? I can't begin to tell you how disappointed I am in you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

May 2020

March 2020