January 2020

Most of 2020 sucked. But, there were some good moments that made memories to cling to. I'm going to review some of those moments from each month. (Disclaimer - my memory isn't what it used to be so this is my story and I'm sticking to it regardless of reality.)

January 1, 2020 = NFW

How convenient was it that the first day of the year fell on a No Fun Wednesday! Shorty and Steven joined me and the gang at Fatso's. Funny how my usual $13 bill turns into more like $70 when those two are with me.

Go Coyotes!

My buddy Steve got us fantastic tickets to see the Arizona Coyotes play. We were only a few rows off the ice. We pregamed at Yardhouse where Steve was flummoxed by their many beer selections and ordered the wrong one. Oh, how we mocked. The Coyotes beat the crap out of the Flyers, 6-2. Sweet!

Quite the group of athletes!

I really only walk when I can get a medal.

I still call it the PF Chang's Rock 'n' Roll Marathon. Just like I call Ak-Chin Pavilion, Desert Sky. Or maybe, Cricket. It's had a lot of name changes. Moving back from that squirrel moment, I did the 5K. My buddy Jesus stuck with me the whole way after we got left in the dust by our so-called friends. Because I was attempting Dry January, I didn't even stay for the post-race beers. They serve Mich Ultra so it wasn't like I was missing much.

Water Station Crew

You have no idea how challenging sign assembly is.
(There were no Margaritas #fakenews.)

The next day, I was with the Arizona Parrot Heads as we manned a water station on the Half Marathon. Man, we have it down to a science under Joanne's leadership. It helps to have a former fireman when you're dealing with water hose hookups. I pretended I was famous as I knew several of the athletes who came by, including Steve who gave me a special shout out. In addition to the fun, we scored some money for a few of our charities. #winwin

Another medal!

I continued displaying my stellar athletic skill of putting one foot in front of the other by doing the Boxer Luv Rescue 5K with a group of friends. Our friends Tammy and Michael have boxers so Tammy got us tuned into this event. This was my second (third? I only have two medals but I feel like it's the third) year and posting this reminds me that I need to sign up for the 2021 event. Which I just went and did so fast you didn't notice.

BTW, Dry January only lasted until about the 18th. My liver hates me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

May 2020

March 2020