May 2020

Most of 2020 sucked. But, there were some good moments that made memories to cling to. I'm going to review some of those moments from each month. (Disclaimer - my memory isn't what it used to be so this is my story and I'm sticking to it regardless of reality.)

My birthday is in May. I don't make a big deal out of it because I don't want to do the math. Seriously. It's just not possible that I'm this old. Celebrating in a quarantine is right up my alley. However, my friends and family thought differently.

Birthday cards from around the country.

My friend Jim started a secret (to me) Facebook event and asked mutual friends to mail me a card. Funny side story, he put the wrong ZIP for my address. I imagine the post office staff in 85033 enjoyed processing those forwards a lot. It was very thoughtful and fun and my pals Brenda and Scott sent me a new game to play as well. Have I mentioned lately that my friends are better humans than I? They are.

Drop offs and mailed gifts.
I ate as much popcorn as I could but didn't finish that bag.

Driveway birthday party.

I was on my Sunday afternoon Zoom with Crash and Jim when Crash told me to go to my front door. There was the gang with signs, cards, balloons and some gifts. What fun! 

My 2004 Sonata had been in for service at Christmas. I told the tech it was going to be a $2,000 visit. It was. But, they also specced out another $3,000 that I should get done. That percolated enough that I decided I would get a new car some time in the summer.

I got a screaming deal on my 2004 because it was the dealer loaner car. It only had 4,000 miles on it but had all the current bells and whistles. I was hopeful I could find something similar. Under the influence of wine one night, I got online and found another winner. It was a loaded (front seat heaters AND chillers!) 2019 with 5,000 miles on it.

Went from black/black to grey/grey. 

One short test drive on the following Saturday and I was sold. Or, technically, the car was sold. Turns out, it had belonged to a salesperson at the dealership and he traded it in for the 2020 model because he liked the looks better. I'm glad he was picky. I'm set for another 9 or 10 years and I love driving it (the little that I do). 

First station set, naturally!

Boredom Buster

I read an article about things to do while stuck at home and one of them was doing paint by numbers. I convinced a bunch of friends to buy some kits, too, with the grandiose thought of doing a Zoom art presentation. That never happened. #lazy But, I did pass many hours happily applying paint to this beauty. #moocow

Oh, and this continued. The jerks.

His next move in this dance is to viciously attack my hand then run away.

Tag team distraction.

No, you don't need to use your phone.

This mouse is mine, all mine, I tell you!

Not going to lie that, while this month had some really nice memories, the staying at home was really starting to wear me down.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020