I Almost Had To Admit Something Horrible...

I've been having some pain in my left leg the past few weeks. A throbbing pain down the back of my leg every morning and it's only relieved when I stand. Sitting is extremely painful which makes my hour long commute every morning quite uncomfortable.

I couldn't help but think I was heading down Shorty's (my Dad's) path: bad knee, another bad knee, two bad shoulders, bad back, multiple surgeries and gimping around with a cane. With my hypochondriac tendencies, I was thinking I was only a few months away from getting a handicap parking sticker.

I might even have to admit that maybe, possibly I might be getting old. Gasp!

I went to the Doc on Monday and it turns out I have an inflamed muscle that's compressing my sciatic nerve. He told me the name of the muscle which I promptly forgot but basically, it's in my butt and it's the muscle that rotates my hip. I have to take anti-inflammatories for a week and do stretches every morning before I get out of bed. So far, it's been all good with no more pain.

So, I guess I'm still a spring chicken - no cane for me. Whew!

The thing I'm thinking now, is, hmm, inflamed muscle in my butt that's going to get better and therefore smaller. I should be come out of this with a smaller ass. Cool!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020