I Only Took One Day Off!

I took Friday off for the races and, when I got in this morning, you would have thought I'd been gone for weeks. I had two people lined up before I even had a chance to check my email. And, they're both new so they haven't learned that I really should be feared so neither got the hint that I wanted them to shoo. They weren't the only ones around, though. I had heads popping into my doorway all morning. I didn't get a chance to open my calendar until 1 and then saw...dammit! I was was supposed to meet the poker chicks for lunch at 11:30. I had to send an "I'm sorry I suck" email and am now on the hook for picking up the tab at our next arranged lunch date. ARGH!! Next time, I'm sneaking in the building's side door and closing my office door until noonish...maybe they won't even realize I'm there. Actually, that sounds like a good plan for every day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020