A Good Day for Dad

I'd called Shorty up and asked him what he wanted to do for Father's Day. His response:

"I know what I want to do but you're going to say no."

For full effect, imagine that said in pathetic, total guilt inducing voice.

I knew where he was headed and I let him go there.

"I want to come over to your house and have you make dinner."

I swear, my house is Disneyland to my Dad's inner six year old. I honestly don't see the attraction but I couldn't say no on his special day.

So, my parents and Steven came over around 5ish. We had some cocktails and Steven and I regaled them with poker tales from the weekend. Then, Steven and I made a Chicken Piccata Pasta Toss from one of my Rachael Ray's 30 minutes cookbooks which we served up with some of Shorty's homemade rolls. Good stuff.

BTW, I have to say, 30 minutes, my arse! Even if you had everything all cut up and ready to go, it would be at least 45.

After dinner, we played some more poker. My Mom's gotten into watching it on TV and Shorty was just happy to have the family time. It was a friendly game with us handing over chips to whomever was low so we could all keep playing.

All in all, it was a very pleasant day. I fully expect to repeat it on his birthday next month because when I call for the plan, I know what I'm going to hear:

"I know what I want to do but you're going to say no."

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

May 2020

March 2020