Incommunicado

I have been in work mode with little time to think or do anything else.

We put in a new server Saturday and I'm the Project Manager for the whole shebang. As with any IT task, no matter how much you test (and we tested a boatload), you still get hiccups when you implement.

This server was no exception.

We were at work for 8 hours Saturday fighting with printers and mapping issues. Ugh.

Yesterday, I spent most of the day checking to see if our UNIX guy had the issues resolved and stressing about today when the users came in.

Today, I was scheduled to come in late but I checked in from home at 7:30 or so. We still had printer issues and external email wasn't working. Sigh. I couldn't take it relaxing at home so I got in around 9:30 to see what I could do. Not much, besides sending out update emails since I'm not the tech person on this one.

Tonight, I'm hanging out with our Night Operator watching all of the processes to make sure everything is okey-dokey. So far, so good. If the good continues, I should be out of here before 1 AM.

I blame two people for our issues: the UNIX guy and my boss. Both of them stated that they were sure that everything was going to go smoothly.

You NEVER say that out loud or in writing. The IT gods will smite you down with so many problems, you'll want to curl up in the fetal position for hours after chugging a jug of wine.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

May 2020

March 2020