Needed: A Keeper

I'm not a fond user of cruise control. Though the people behind me on the freeway may wish I use it so I keep a steady pace, I like being in constant control.

However, there have been a couple times on the way Tucson that I've thought I should use it just to keep myself under 80. The road is soooooo straight that, unless you get behind a semi trying to pass another semi that's going 1/2 mile an hour slower than the first, it's easy to lose sight of how fast you're going. Every once in a while during my many journeys, I would hold in the button to set my speed but it never took.

I figured I was doing something wrong and never looked it up in the manual. It also occurred to me that maybe it didn't work at all and I needed to get it fixed but I've got no time for car repairs (or oil changes, or washes...).

This morning, I was getting back into my car after filling up the tank. I happened to look down on the left side of the dash and saw a few buttons. One said "Cruise". It had a light that was off. I pushed it in and the light came on.

My first thought was, "So, this is why it didn't work."

My second thought was, "How frakking stupid am I that I've never noticed this button and I've owned my car nearly four years?"

Sigh.

It's hard, even for me, to believe that I actually hold down a job where I have the power to bring down the entire business with one bad command and I'm actually considered good at it.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

May 2020

March 2020