Movie Review - Night at the Museum

This summer TV schedule is giving me a lot of free time. I was not in the mood to fight George while reading my book tonight so I checked out a movie on HBO Family.

Night at the Museum looked OK when it first came out but the reviews weren't very kind so I didn't catch it when it was current. I didn't think it was that bad, actually. It was a pleasant way to kill some time. That's about all I can say...pleasant. Not great but not bad. Ben Stiller was OK and I enjoyed seeing Dick Van Dyke in something. The guy can still dance.

If you don't know the story, Stiller's character takes a job as the night guard at the Natural History Museum. He soon realizes that it's not exactly a simple job as all of the museum creatures come to life each night and chaos ensues. There are some mildly funny tidbits, the best of which is the ongoing fight with a monkey.

George seemed to like it, too. She did a tap dance on the remote to put it in slow mo. Guess she didn't want to miss anything. We're watching the end of X-Men - Last Stand for the nth time (for me) and it's keeping her entertained enough to just lie down and relax on the couch.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020