Book Review - The Gypsy Morph

The Gypsy Morph (The Genesis of Shannara, Book 3) The Gypsy Morph by Terry Brooks



My review


rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is the final book in The Word and the Void trilogy and finishes the basis for the Shannara books. Those are some of my favorite books. And, Brooks is one of my favorite writers. This is the 26th book of his that I've read.

This was a quick read but filled with action and angst as Hawk, the title character, tries to lead what's left of humanity and the Elves to a new, safe space after terrible wars have left the planet mostly destroyed and/or poisoned. There's a high body count which is disturbing since most of the main characters are kids.

There was a nice blend of magic and science and the ending left possibilities of future stories. Some of the reviews I read were critical of the ending as being anti-climatic. I actually liked it.

View all my reviews.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

May 2020

March 2020