Children...

Those of you that had children in their early years can relate.

You know when you're on the phone for a long or serious conversation and your kid is quiet and behaving when you start the conversation then they go batshit when you get on the phone?

Yeah, my cat does the same thing.

She was sleeping all curled up and cute by her scratching post when I called Doona tonight. Five minutes into our conversation, she was on the dining room table. I couldn't yell at her because I was on the phone so I squirted her with the water bottle. A few minutes later, she was on the counter and there was another round of silent squirting.

Really, who wants to admit that their kid's a demon? I know I don't.

After many rounds of angry but silent faces and squirting, George finally gave up and fell asleep on one of the dining room chairs. That's when I confessed to Doona what a bad girl George had been for most of the time we were talking.

George looked like a little angel while she slept, too. I knew better. As soon as she finished her little cat nap she was back into full demon mode and running insanely around the house.

I have no doubt that she would have snoozed the whole evening away if I'd never picked up the phone.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

May 2020

March 2020