It Was Actually Worth The Pain

There has been construction on the 202 Freeway near my house for...I don't know, two years? It's been a really long time, regardless. I've had to deal with lanes shutting down on nights and weekends, exits closed both to and from work and some miserable commutes because the speed limit was lowered to 55 and we didn't always have all of the lanes available.

They're nearly finished except for some paving and it is frakking awesome! Lots of lanes and the speed limit is now 65. My drive is 8.3 miles and I can get to work in the morning in 11 minutes. That's the best I could do in mid-day and speeding before then.

Even more amazing, I left my office parking lot at 5 PM and pulled into my parking spot at home at 5:14 PM. Fourteen minutes in rush hour! Yahoo!

The only bummer is that people (myself included) have been so conditioned to drive 55 that they're doing that speed even with no traffic.

Thank you, ADOT, for actually making my life easier. Finally.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020