Book Review - Let My People Go Surfing

Let My People Go SurfingLet My People Go Surfing by Yvon Chouinard

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

One of my co-workers suggested that our Management group read this book and I concur! It's the story of Patagonia, a company that started with the owner making and selling climbing gear out of his car and is now a premier seller of outdoor gear and clothing.

This is a wonderful tale of a company's creating and evolvement into a great corporate citizen. From providing one of the first on-site day cares to changing over to organic cotton because it's less harmful to the environment, Chouinard and Patagonia are practicing what they preach. Chouinard is very passionate about the environment and doesn't shy from giving some strong opinions on globalization, the political climate, marketing, customer service and the shortsightedness of human behavior among other subjects.

In addition to the story, there are some wonderful photos.



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020