Bacon Works With Everything

I've gotten a little backed up with my organic fruits and veggies. I had three butternut squashes and one acorn squash waiting to be eaten so I decided I better cook one of the butternuts tonight.

Usually, I just throw some butter and Italian spices in then bake squash. However, this time I decided to chop up some bacon and cook it in the squash in the oven. I then cracked a little pepper over it and added a dash of salt before eating.

Dee-licious!

The bacon added some really nice moisture to the squash as well as that great bacon flavor. However, the squash flavor held up, too, so it was just a nice dish. And, ultimately, a pretty low calorie dish, too. Bacon is surprisingly low-cal in only 50 calories a slice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

May 2020

March 2020