Concert Review - Mulligan and Seiler

I went to see Mark Mulligan and Gary Seiler at Fiddler's Dream Tuesday night. I seriously considered not going because I have this thing with Seiler.

I like his music and all and I think he's a good entertainer but the man cannot remember my name. We've met a bunch of times over the past five years and it's the same thing with each meeting. He says, "Hi, I'm Gary." I say, "Hi, I'm Kathy and we've met before." Then he acts all surprised and apologizes.

The Princess does not like to be forgotten…over and over and over.

However, because it was Mark, I decided to go. Mark had actually proposed that if I came to the show, he would stop in the middle of the set and offer Gary $10 if he could come up with my name. I thought it would be funny but I didn't remind him of it because I'm not that much of an attention whore. Thankfully, he didn't do it.

I got to the show a little early and tried to figure out who to sit by. The room is configured in pairs of chairs and everyone was a couple. So, I decided to make my own couple and sit with Dave Mulligan. Dave was by far the youngest person there and in the top two of cute guys in the room. (That's my clever statement to let my other boys think they might be cuter than Dave, btw.) Poor Dave, I flirted shamelessly with him the whole night but I got two hugs so he must not dislike it that much. At least that's what I'll tell myself until I get the restraining order served on me.

Dave opened the show with three songs from his CD then Mark and Gary took the stage. They are really good friends and care about each other a lot. It was obvious because there were lots of "I love you, man!" moments. So many that it was starting to get ridiculous.

How ridiculous? Dave and I actually talked about how long it would take before Gary and Mark were making out on the stage. Not that there's anything wrong with that. During their final song, Gary leaned in to Mark and we were all, "That's it, he's going in for the kiss!"

We cracked ourselves up.

Gary's a good trop rock guy and tells some good stories and Mark is, well, he's just wonderful. I totally picked on him after the show about his new lifestyle with Gary, not that there's anything wrong with it, and he took it well which is good because I was pretty brutal. The show was good and I really dig the acoustic environment of the venue. It makes for an appealingly intimate performance.

Oh, and in case you were wondering…we got down to just a few of us left after the show when Gary came over to me, held out his hand and said, "Hi, I'm Gary." I said, "Hi, I'm Kathy." He then said, "We've probably met three times by now." My reply was, "It's more like eight or nine."

Yep, I'm pretty much expecting to relive that moment again the next time we meet.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020