Wonder If This Will Work?

I ask everyone in the department to send me a weekly status report. It can just be an email with the highlights of what they worked on or finished. Doesn't have to be anything fancy. I don't think it's too much to ask but, apparently, I'm wrong because I'm lucky to get half of the group to give me one.

I'm going with humorous (sarcastic?) approach to see if it improves participation. This is the email I just sent out:

Subject: Status Report Reminder


First of all, thanks to the 5 people who've actually given me a status report for last week. That's 1/3 our our department and if we were playing for the DBacks, that .333 average would be stellar. But, we're not.

It would be really swell if the rest of you could follow suit this week and next week and the week after that and the week after the week after that (are you getting the pattern here?) and send me your updates.

Thanks,
Kathy


I have little hope that it's going to have any effect in the long run. I'm thinking I'm going to have to go to automated email reminders which would annoy the hell out of me if I got them because, being a rule follower, I always have my reports in on time.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020