Movie Review - Green Lantern

I chose this picture because Ryan Reynolds' abs should have gotten their own billing in this movie. They're on display a LOT and they look mah-ve-lous!

I went into this movie without high expectations. That was good because I wasn't disappointed. Don't get me wrong. It was entertaining, had a lot of humor and some decent action. It just wasn't great. Reynolds is always likeable and I thought he did a good job of portraying the smartassedness that is Hal Jordan.

Steven was not happy with the way the story played with the comic book mythology. He also thought it funny that Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds were supposed to have grown up together but he's 11 years older than she in real life. Making her a brunette did make her look older, though. I thought it more odd that they cast Tim Robbins as Peter Sarsgaard's father and there's only a 13 year gap between the two.

I guess it says something about the story that the ages of the actors could take us out of it so easily.

Summer fun but nothing that I will ever watch again. Unless I want some abs eye candy but that's what the internet is for. ;-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

May 2020

March 2020