(Mostly) Good Sports Weekend

That gang and I went to the Sting game Friday night. It was a bit of 'worlds colliding' for me since two guys from work went with us. They had a good time, though, and nothing too embarrassing on anyone's part happened.

I thought the Sting didn't play very well and Dan had a quiet game but they pulled out a big win to keep second place secure.

Sunday, I had the Atlanta race recorded and couldn't watch it until after dinner with the family. Shorty tried to tell me who won but I did the "La, la, la, I'm not listening" thing so he didn't tell me. Steven, however, yelled out "Jimmie Johnson" from the other room. I didn't believe him.

At least, I didn't believe him until the last restart of the race when Jimmie zoomed past Matt Kenseth then ran down Tony Stewart with 3 laps to go.

I have to give Stewart some props for not taking Jimmie out when Jimmie blocked him after the pass. That was a class move.

Two weeks in a row with a JJ win. Whoo - hoo!

The not so good sports came with my NCAA bracket. I'm currently 11th out of 15 in our competition. Pathetic! At least, I haven't been mathematically eliminated though I expect it won't be long before that's the case.

Damn Texas, Louisville, Tennessee and Butler for not playing the way I picked.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

May 2020

March 2020