Retail Therapy

Sugar Daddy bought me an iPod mini for Christmas a few years back. It's served me well but I felt compelled to replace it this week.

I had a couple of reasons. First, it's only 4GB which is about 1,000 songs. I have way more than that in my library (all legally purchased, too!) so I have to be selective on what I load. Second, the battery doesn't last as long as I would like it to. Less than 8 hours on average, I'd guess.

The biggest reason for the replacement urge, however, is that I'm in charge of the tunes for the club's booth at the Salsa Challenge this weekend. That means I need to have about 10 hours of music set up (yes, I will be repeating some tunes since you can't go all day with playing Margaritaville just once) and there was no way my battery was going to make it.

OK, I also just really, really wanted a new one.

So, I checked out my options online. I could have gotten a nano for $149 but it was still just 4GB. It's way smaller than my mini, though, and incredibly cute so it was tempting. They have a Red nano for $249 that has 8GB and $10 goes to fight Aids somewhere so the liberal in me was leaning that way.

But, when I checked out the iPods, the $249 one had 30GB of storage. Same price as the Red nano but with lots more room. And a screen in case I want to watch videos. There was also an 80GB iPod for $349 but that would just be overkill for my needs. Plus, it was noticeably bigger and heavier than the 30GB.

So, I decided to go with the 30GB iPod.

There was just one problem. It only comes in black or white. BORING! So, I shelled out some more dough to get a metallic, Magenta colored case.

I called Sugar Daddy to tell him about my purchase and he told another one of our co-workers who didn't believe I'd done it because, as he said, "They don't come in pink." He knows me pretty well. I was happy to say I'd overcome that fact.

Total time in the Apple store: about 5 minutes. Total bill: about $300. Happiness quotient: very, very high.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

May 2020

March 2020