New TV Shows

I started watching several new shows in the past few weeks. I guess I thought I had some time on my hands. Not sure why I thought that...

The Riches is on FX and stars Eddie Izzard and Minnie Driver. They play travellers (think Irish gypsies) who assume the identity of a rich, but dead, couple while on the run from their clan. It's a really good show. Great writing and brilliantly acted.

Andy Barker, P.I. stars Andy Richter (one funny dude) as an accountant who, due to mistaken identity, takes on private investigative assignments. The first episode was a little uneven but the second was laugh out loud funny. Tony Hale of the late, great Arrested Development is an absolute riot.

Raines has Jeff Goldblum as a homicide detective who sees dead people. Sound familiar? The first episode stole lots from A Sixth Sense. I had a DVR mishap so I didn't get the second episode but I'm willing to go back for the third mostly because I think Goldblum is a really interesting actor to watch.

The Wedding Bells is David E. Kelley's (Ally McBeal, Boston Legal, Boston Public) latest show. It's pretty typical of his stuff - lots and lots of characters and most of them are oddballs. It's playing like a Silhouette Romance at the moment but Kelley's one of my fave guys so I'm willing to ride it out for a while.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

May 2020

March 2020