Book Review - The Forgotten Garden

The Forgotten GardenThe Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

It was not my intent to read this 549 page book in one setting but I did. I had to stay up until 3 AM to do it but I found I just couldn't put it down after I got 100 pages in.

The story crosses over years between the early 1900s up to 2005 and tells the tales of three women, Cassandra, Nell and Eliza. Cassandra is a young widow living in Australia with her Grandmother, Nell, who raised her since she was a small child. When Nell passes away, Cassandra finds out what her Grandmother learned on her 21st birthday. Nell's parents found her as a four year old who had been abandoned on a ship from England to Australia and raised her as her own.

Cassandra also finds her Grandmother's journals as she tried to discover her identity. Armed with a book of fairy tales, written by Eliza Makepeace and found in young Nell's suitcase, Cassandra endeavors to complete the search for Nell's family.

It was a beautiful story filled with love, tragedy, redemption and intrigue.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This Is How Fat Thinks

In Memory of My Mom

Good Time