Mission Accomplished!

I was the first one to get to San Pedro when we went to Belize two years ago. I sat around and waited for the next puddle jumper that was full of my friends for what felt like ages. I did look around to see if there was a bar but I just didn't look quite far enough around the corner.

Goat was on the next plane and he spotted the bar. He and I trotted over and had our first two Belikin beers on Ambergris Caye while everyone else was milling around the tiny airport.

Dang, we were thirsty, too!
I left the island one week later with some Belize currency in hand. Currency that I carried in my wallet for two years. When I was really stressed, I'd take it out and ponder running off on a plane and going to spend the money at that same bar.

My leftover money and Goat's that he sold to me.

It was a nice fantasy but then I decided that it would become a reality. We landed again in San Pedro on February 13, 2015 and I took my plane mates right over to that same bar and ordered us all a round of beverages.

Spending money and making a dream come true.
My friends were kind enough to humor me and delay our arrival at the resort to share a drink with me. I considered this point the official start of our vacation and, man, did it feel great!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In Memory of My Mom

Good Time

The Car Gods Laugh