Sock, Shoe, Sock, Shoe?

I rarely wear what I call "real" shoes. I usually pick one favorite pair of sandals then wear them out by wearing them every single day. Literally. I once actually wore a hole in the sole of one of my sandals and only discovered it when I investigated why the asphalt was so hot on my foot.

Recently, I acquired a pair of Rocket Dog canvas shoes. I used to live in those back in the day but they don't make them like they used to. This new pair is cool but just a little loose so I wear shorty socks with them. 

As I was sitting down one morning to put on my Rocket Dogs and shorty socks, I remembered this bit from the late, great, All In The Family, because I was putting them on sock, shoe, sock, shoe and it felt off.

Yes, I'm old. 

Yes, weird stuff often comes to my mind.


Much as I hate to agree with Archie Bunker, sock, sock, shoe, shoe just feels right.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This Is How Fat Thinks

In Memory of My Mom

Good Time