Sock, Shoe, Sock, Shoe?

I rarely wear what I call "real" shoes. I usually pick one favorite pair of sandals then wear them out by wearing them every single day. Literally. I once actually wore a hole in the sole of one of my sandals and only discovered it when I investigated why the asphalt was so hot on my foot.

Recently, I acquired a pair of Rocket Dog canvas shoes. I used to live in those back in the day but they don't make them like they used to. This new pair is cool but just a little loose so I wear shorty socks with them. 

As I was sitting down one morning to put on my Rocket Dogs and shorty socks, I remembered this bit from the late, great, All In The Family, because I was putting them on sock, shoe, sock, shoe and it felt off.

Yes, I'm old. 

Yes, weird stuff often comes to my mind.


Much as I hate to agree with Archie Bunker, sock, sock, shoe, shoe just feels right.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020