Boredom Buster

It's surreal that I've been working from home and socially distancing for over two months and haven't lost all sanity. There have been points where it could have happened.

One night, April 7th to be exact, I had too much wine (that's not just on April 7) and tried to find a new hobby activity. After scouring the Michael's website, I came across paint by number kits. They didn't actually have any available at the time so it was off to the interwebs.

I found Bling Painting and ordered two kits. Then, I emailed a bunch of girlfriends and suggested they might want to do the same. I got about a dozen takers. I see a Zoom art show in our future.

What I didn't predict was that the kits were being sent from China. Ugh. They got held up in customs and it took for what felt like forever to arrive.

But, arrive they finally did. At least, I hope everyone has theirs by now.

Here's a picture from the website of the one I started on first:

Moo

Since the canvas came folded in a box, I needed to flatten it out first.

No one was drinking the Jack anyways.

Here's what happened while I painted. The #terrors took off with my paint brushes. They tried to take off with the little paint containers. They walked on the canvas while I was painting. They walked on the canvas while it was drying.

Basically, they were the jerks that they always are.

I still managed to make progress. I started on May 3 and finished on May 12. I think I skipped two days in there but otherwise it was done in 2 to 4 hour shifts each night.

Tried to fill in the big sections first.

I eventually decided to pick a number and fill in wherever it was. You know what's super frustrating? When you've examined the canvas in detail several times to make sure you've covered the color then see places you missed on your next color. Every. Dang. Time.

I could see the light at the end of the tunnel.

As I got down to the nitty gritty, I found I had painted over the color indicators in spots. I made my best guess after referring to the picture on the box. But, I admit, towards the end I decided that whatever color was currently on my brush was good enough.

Completed masterpiece!

I'd literally just filled in the last open spaces when one of my friends texted that she had opened the box of her chosen kit and was done before she started. After opening my second kit, I could relate.
The suggested completed project.

After flattening the canvas, I took one look and thought, "What the frak was I thinking?"

Houston, we may have a problem.

So. Many. Tiny. Spots. I think this is going to take more than 9 days. But, I ain't got nowhere to go for another few weeks so what the hell.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020