June 2020

Most of 2020 sucked. But, there were some good moments that made memories to cling to. I'm going to review some of those moments from each month. (Disclaimer - my memory isn't what it used to be so this is my story and I'm sticking to it regardless of reality.)

It was definitely the dog days of summer in June. 

I had the 2020 Rite of Passage in that I took a COVID-19 test. The good news is that it was negative. The other good news is that they didn't actually penetrate my brain with the swab but it sure felt like it. #donotrecommend Tammy and Michael made a grocery store run for me so I didn't run out of Diet Pepsi while I waited for my test results which would have been a crisis for sure. At that time, they were taking at least a week to get results back.

Does not represent my actual cats.

I finished up my second paint by number masterpiece. This one had so many little dots where I couldn't read the prescribed number so it was a lot of "let's go with this color as that's what's currently on my brush" to finish it up. Still looks pretty cool, though.

My favorite Muppet!

I applaud all of the artists who made the switch to online performing and to all of the fans who supported their efforts. I tried a few but, after all day in front of my computer and many nights on video calls, it just wasn't for me for the most part.

However, I was delighted to see this show from Mac McAnally. He's my fave, for sure. I set my computer up on the dining room table and worked on one of the paint by numbers that Norene sent me after she said "hell no" to the activity. The show was streamed from his house and percussionist Eric Darken (also in the Coral Reefers) was there to join him on some songs. Man, I could listen to Mac play and tell stories for hours on end. It was a great show.

For the record, painting by numbers lost my interest shortly thereafter so Norene's project remains unfinished.

Birthday Goat

We had an outdoor gathering/pool party for Goat's birthday and also celebrated the ones since March that we had missed. Looking back - why did we let him blow out the candles? Isn't that something we don't do anymore? ;)

This continued:

I don't see why you can't get your work done.

But, this also continued:

We are adorable and we love you.


Comments

K T Cat said…
Long time no comment! I hope you're doing well, or at least as well as the times will permit.

I had the Wuhan Flu test, too. Yep, it felt like they were going to jam that swab right up and out of the top of my head!

I need to do some more reading here and catch up a bit. Have a great day!

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020