Finally Got A Kindle

It's really nice to have friends who need to have the latest and greatest, especially when they share their older toys with others.

Sugar Daddy had an old school Kindle that he gave to me with the promise that I would return it to him if I didn't like it. Yeah, he's not getting it back.

So old school that the only image I could find (without searching really hard)
was one comparing it to a newer model. Mine is the one on the right.
Correction - it isn't old at all. That shows how little I know!


I'm surprised to find that I really like it. I had resisted electronic readers because I'm so in love with the feel and smell of actual books but the Kindle makes it easy to fly through a tome. Especially, the ones written specifically for the digital market. I suspect they're a lot shorter than traditional books and I've read so many in the past few weeks that I didn't even post reviews here because it would have been a ridiculous amount of posting. I think I read 13 or 14 books.

The people publishing in the digital market are geniuses. They give away the first in a series for free then charge $.99 to $3.99 for the next books. Still a reasonable price so, like crack, you can easily get hooked. Amazon has billed me so many small dollar amounts that it's ridiculous. I might even be costing them money to process them all.

The only bummer on my model is that it isn't backlit so I have to have a light on to read. However, it's clearly visible in direct sunlight and the battery lasts an amazing amount of time. I couldn't be happier with it and I feel no need to upgrade.

If only I could make myself put it down...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020