I'm Still a Chef

My Weight Watchers posse and I have been sharing recipes that we've tried and love. One of them told us about a two ingredient pizza dough. With crust, sauce and cheese, a single size pizza totals 6 Points.

That's incredible!

One slice of regular veggie pizza starts at 8 points so I was all about this one.

The two ingredients are self-rising flour and non-fat Greek yogurt (my new favoritest thing).  You can find the recipe here. It's super easy and makes enough for two pies. You can store the second ball of dough for at least several days in an airtight container.

Attempt 1
My first was Picasso inspired in shape, for sure. I used jar spaghetti sauce, low-fat mozzarella and sliced onions and peppers. The edges got a little crispy (but were still edible) and the veggies were a bit too al dente.

Attempt 2
I sauteed the veggies with some garlic first on my next try and managed a shape that was more square than paramecium. I also managed a smaller surface of crispy bits. Who says old people can't learn?

Really, really good and filling. Prep tip - apply non-stick spray to your hands before working the dough as it's quite sticky.

I'm still waiting for Food Network to call me for my show. I'm sure I'll be a natural.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020