Thanks a lot, Obama!

I'm not sure why I continue to participate in NCAA Men's Tournament picks since I rarely pay attention to college ball anymore. Sure, I was all over Arizona State University at the beginning of the season (we were #3!) but then they started being unable to come back from giving away big leads to their opponents and...squirrel!

Perhaps only because it's tradition, I started up the Arizona Parrot Head Brackets again this year and promised myself every day that I would start putting thought to my selections. Before I knew it, it was the night before the brackets were closing and I hadn't done a thing. In fact, I went out to dinner, watched ASU tank to Syracuse and said out loud, "I guess I should fill out my bracket soon." The reply I got was, "Yeah, because you're pretty much out of time!"

I got home and jumped into bed deciding I could continue to procrastinate until the next morning. But, scanning through email on my phone before I headed to the Land of Nod, I saw my laziness had paid off. Barack Obama had just released his Tournament Picks and they were all over the interwebs.


So, I did what many of my fellow Americans are doing these days. I accepted what "my" guy said and did none of my own research.

I so wanted to come away with a big W (not that W) on it all but Obama didn't pull through for me. "We" ended up with only one Final Four Pick and no shot at the Championship. Rats.

At least I can always count on the University of Arizona going out early so I got that going for me.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020