Challenge Cup - IT vs Sales

Our latest work competition for the Challenge Cup was us versus Sales. They won the trophy in kickball. No way am I playing kickball so we challenged them to bowling. We're good at bowling and I can drink beer during the event. It's a win/win.

There was much negotiating on the event date as both departments tried to make sure their "star" bowlers were able to play. I think we finally picked a date where everyone could make it then the trash talk began.


Neener, neener, neener.

The sales team thought they would be funny and brought the trophy by "just to let you see what it looks like since you won't be winning it back". Ha ha. Very funny.

We did our usual competition format. Everyone who wanted to bowl did two games then we took the top four combined game scores from each department then those 8 bowlers faced off. Total pins for a final game for each team determined the winner.

I always hope to be out for the final game so I can sit back and drink beer. No such luck this time - I ended up in the finals. We totally whipped them. I mean, not even close. And, that's after we let them keep two frames where their balls went in and out of the gutter then knocked down pins. It nearly killed me to let that go so it's a good thing we won or I would have asterisked their win.




Me and Dave with the beloved trophy.

Dave and I always get our picture taken with the trophy. I cropped the above pic to just include me and the trophy and made it my google avatar. Very soon after that, I got a voicemail from the Sales supervisor saying, "very funny". I thought it was.


Of course, there was poker!

Because we can't not have a game of chance when we're out so we played poker. $1 into the pot and you get a card for every mark. Not only was I a stud bowler (he he), I was an awesome poker player. My A-8 won the first pot. Our best bowler was bummed because he had a ton of cards but they couldn't beat Ace high. I came in second on the next game but, hey, it was enough to buy a pitcher of Blue Moon.


We're silly.

A few days ago, Jan (the Sales Supe) called me with an idea for both of our google avatars. We grabbed a guy to take the above picture of Jan stealing the trophy then we both uploaded it. I've gotten several comments on it but she's bummed that she hasn't gotten one. I think it's hilarious.

We have been challenged already for the Cup. The Purchasing Department has chosen a Spelling Bee as the event. I predict we will be retaining the Cup.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020