Morning Fun (For Me, Not So Much For George)

When I went to the front door this morning to get my newspaper, it wasn't yet there. So, I left the door open for George to scope out the world and walked away.

Just a few moments later, I heard “Bam!” followed by a rattling sound. That was caused by the carrier throwing the paper into the screen so hard that it actually stuck.

About a millisecond later I heard frantic scratching of claws as George tried to get enough leverage against the tile floor to run away. She finally did and scrambled to safety. I think her nose had been right up the the screen when the paper hit.

She stayed away from the door the rest of the time I had it open.

I should probably feel sorry for her but after she punctured my finger with her claw the other morning, I'm not feeling very sympathetic.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020