Poor George

I was out of town from Wednesday morning until last night so I asked Steven to watch George. That may have been a mistake. At least, I'm pretty sure George thinks so.

My first text from Steven asked me when George got so fat. I told him not to talk mean about his sister because it would hurt her feelings. (He hates it when I call my cat his sister.) He said, "why not, maybe she'll realize how much she's let herself go and do something about it?"

It's not George's fault that she's gotten a little chubby, it's mine. I haven't been home much lately so her fetch and feather on a stick play times have decreased greatly. I imagine she spends most of her time dozing in her kitty condo when I'm gone and isn't thinking about exercising.

The next day's text said that George had thrown up all over the living room and that she scratched him when he was trying to check on what was wrong with her. He also added that he'd given her no people food. On a previous catsitting event, he and his buddy gave her French fries. She threw up three times after I got home from those.

I attributed that to stress from me being gone and Steven being her only human contact.

When I texted him the next day for a status I got the response "cat like" when I asked how she was. I assumed that meant she was better.

I got home last night to a very excited reception. George was sooooo happy to see me. She ran down to my bed and waited for kitty lovings which she got before I did anything else. Mommy was glad to see the baby, too.

I checked on her food and her dish was completely empty, her secondary water bowl was dry and she'd knocked over her primary water so basically she had no food or water. I refilled everything while I was on the phone with Steven giving him a lecture about baby neglect. He said he left her half a bowl of food on Sunday and that she needed to eat less anyway. Whatever. I should have fed him less then maybe he wouldn't be freakishly tall today.

George was glued to me all night long. If I went to the kitchen, she went to the kitchen. Same for the bathroom, my bedroom, her room and the living room. Usually, she spends her late evenings in her kitty condo but she stuck it out next to me on the couch until I went to bed.

Once I was in bed, I was subjected to several demands for kitty lovings throughout the night and was the recipient of quite a few tongue baths. Those will bring you out of a deep sleep, by the way.

George was still clingy this morning. Once I'm out of bed she usually goes to her kitty condo and ignores me. Today, she stayed at the foot of the bed so she could keep an eye on me in both the bathroom and the bedroom as I was putzing around and getting ready for work. She looked pretty said when I left, too.

I think that the next time I'm out of town, I'm going to have The Rocket Scientist take care of the baby. He's not as mean as Steven. Of course, TRS is usually out of town with me so she's still going to be in her brother's care at some point. Hopefully, he doesn't damage her psyche (and her digestive system) so much that I have to send her to kitty therapy.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020