The First F in FFL Stands For Frakked

We did our first Fantasy Football League with the Arizona Parrot Heads last year. Steven and I owned a team together and our relationship as co-owners was, well, a bit rocky. So, this year we decided to have separate teams for family peace if nothing else.

Only thing was, Woody (our commissioner) and Steven couldn't seem to hook up via email. Woody would say he emailed Steven with an invite. Steven would say he didn't get anything. Both would tell me and I would tell Steven to email Woody and tell Woody to email Steven again and they still couldn't hook up. Why I had to be in the middle when they're both on Facebook, I don't know.

So, draft day was decided upon and Steven didn't have his own team. Worse was that I was scheduled to be out of town. I had asked the Jello-Shot Prince to draft for me but I needed to put together a master draft list for him. As the days rapidly closed before I headed out of town, the time to put together said list grew smaller and smaller.

I called Steven and asked him if he wanted to run a team with me. I had to hear a rant about how he never got an email from Woody, blah, blah, blah before he accepted that doing the team together was the only way he was going to play.

The new plan was he would go to the draft and make our picks. I sent him several links to find the top drafts in order and to research and prayed to the football gods that he wouldn't frak it up.

Yeah, he didn't really do any research and he did frak it up. Only, he didn't frak himself up as someone dropped out at the last minute so he got his own team.

Here's whom he picked for me:

MATT CASSEL - QB KC
STEVEN JACKSON - RB STL
RYAN GRANT - RB GB
MARSHAWN LYNCH - RB BUF
GREG JENNINGS - WR GB
LAVERNEOUS COLES - WR CIN
DERRICK MASON - WR BAL
DAVID AKERS - K PHI
NY GIANTS DEF
GREG OLSON - TE CHI
WILLIS MCGAHEE - RB BAL
JOEY GALLOWAY - WR TB
MARK BULGER - QB STL
BUFFALO DEF
JOSH SCOBEE - K JAC

For those not into football, let me tell you a few things.

Matt Cassel - hurt his leg in preseason and could possibly be out for 2 to 3 weeks.
Marc Bulger - my backup QB has a broken pinkie finger on his throwing hand.
Marshawn Lynch - suspended for the first three weeks of the season.

So, I'm basically screwed for the first three games at least.

I was fretting about it on Sunday when everyone started texting me with Steven's picks and I was trapped in a minivan driving from WI to IA. I explained it to the girls who were with me and Dawnie asked, "Wouldn't they tell him he's not making a good pick?"

No, they wouldn't. Because they were all giggling at how ticked off I was going to be. I imagine they waited with great anticipation for each of his picks just to see how much further down the hole he was going to put me.

Sigh.

It's going to be a long season.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020