Book Review - Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire HunterAbraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame-Smith
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I picked this for our book club this month. That choice was met with a mixed reception.

I enjoyed it. I dig historical fiction and I love vampires so, as long as this was well written, how could I not enjoy it?

The gist of the story is that the author is given a set of diaries by a semi-stranger who tells him to write the story. The diaries are allegedly Lincoln's and tell his tale of why he hates vampires and how that hate led to his disgust of slavery.

There was clearly a lot of research done for this book which was cool. After our discussion, I had to agree that it would have been better if there had been some closure on why the diaries were given to someone at that point of time and what happened to the author (because he writes it in the first person) after he finished the work.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020