Book Review - Shadow of Night

Shadow of Night (All Souls Trilogy, #2)Shadow of Night by Deborah Harkness
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Man, I wish I liked these books more because everyone is raving about them.

Diana and Matthew go back in time so she can learn how to control her witchcraft and they can hide from those looking for them. We got a lot of Elizabethan life which was interesting and I liked how Harkness wrote in folks like Christopher Marlowe, Shakespeare, Walter Raleigh and Queen Elizabeth. What I didn't like was how it dragged on. And, her lessons in magic and how she learns to cast her spells were silly to me. Oh, and never mind how much they changed the future by being in Matthew's past.

Will I read the third book? Probably, just to see how it turns out. Will I rush to read the third one when it comes out? Not likely.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020