In my defense, it hated me first.
Most specifically, the printer in our department.
|Smug, unhelpful bastard.|
It's not even become a noteworthy incident anymore because of how many times I send something to this printer, walk across the room to get my print then stare at nothing while hoping something is going to come out.
The latest was yesterday:
- I sent a document, walked over and found that the printer was turned off.
- I turned the printer back on but no print job came out.
- Walked back to my desk and saw a message saying the printer wasn't found. Made sense, it had been turned off after all.
- Paused and resumed my print from my machine and walked back over.
- Still no print job.
- Walked back to my desk, canceled the job completely and reprinted to the same printer
- While walking back over, I asked a colleague to try to print.
- Got to the machine and my colleague's print job was there. Mine was not.
- Walked back to my machine and saw a message that it still couldn't see the printer.
- Canceled the job.
- Reprinted to the Admin area printer.
- Walked over to the Admin printer and picked up my print job.
- Cursed our department printer. (Actually, I cursed it during most of this process.)