Alone, But, Not Feeling That Way

Social Networking...changing the world.

Back in the day (man, that makes me sound old), I suspect a group of us would have headed out to a bar to watch the Gold Medal Olympic hockey game. We would have shared some pitchers of beer, cheered together and consoled each other after the US lost. Some of us would probably have kept an eye on the NASCAR race, too.

But, with the advent of high-def, picture in picture, Facebook and Twitter, we can all stay snug in our own abodes while catching every detail of the action and still sharing our excitement and ultimate sadness. Easier on the wallet and the liver, too, as I stayed home and drank Diet Pepsi.

I feel sorry for the FB folks who didn't care about the hockey game because pretty much everyone of my friends' Status updates were related to the game. In fact, I got chastised on FB for splitting my time between hockey and the Sprint Cup race because I made a race update. That's how feverish the Olympic intensity was.

Despite lounging in my living room with my cat as my only physical companion, I still felt fully engaged with my peeps. Both the ones I know on Facebook and the ones I've only interacted with on Twitter. The posts came fast and furious as the game went into overtime then immediately after that when the race hit its final laps.

The US Hockey team made a great effort but came away with the Silver. Jimmie Johnson was awesome and, thanks to a 2 tire change by Jeff Gordon's team, won the NASCAR race.

It was a good day with my friends.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020