Cat Trauma

Poor George.

I left her in Steven's care over the long weekend while I was in Mexico. As usual, I came home to find nary a crumb left in her bowl. He said he filled it on Sunday but I have my doubts. She didn't scarf it down very quickly after I refilled the dish, though, so I don't think she was starving. She did throw some of it back up. Fortunately, on the tile for a change. I don't know if that was from nerves or pigging out.

I also left her with what I thought was going to be entertainment. A friend of mine was here over several days remodeling my bathroom. I warned him that she would probably keep a close on eye him and told him the only rule was to not let the baby outside.

However, there wasn't much opportunity for her to even escape as she spent most of the time in hiding. So much so that he worried that she might have gotten out somehow.

It's funny. When The Rocket Scientist is working on things in the house for me, she's practically peaking over his shoulder the whole time. And, she thoroughly inspects his tool box. She could probably tell you every item that's in there and how it smells.

She didn't come out from hiding right away when I got home. It was more like 10 minutes but she was very excited to see me. In fact, she was pretty much glued to my side the entire night. And, I mean entire. I woke up at oh-dark-30 and she jumped on me for massive petting and ear scratching before finally crawling under the covers next to me and sleeping until the alarm went off.

Guess I need to stay home for a while to make her feel more secure.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020