A Must Buy

The Arizona Parrot Head Club holds Mom O'Malley Memorial Poker Tournaments that benefit Hospice of the Valley. My contribution to the event is buying the first place award. I go to Things Remembered and get engraved items - Shot Glass set, Mugs and Flasks are some of the historical awards.

The only problem with going to Things Remembered is that it's in the mall. I used to love malls. I could spend all day there and be very happy. Not so much anymore. I don't need running shoes, fancy jewelry, tea, coffee, expensive dress shoes, designer clothes...none of the crap that's prevalent there.

So, I always have to wait about 30 minutes for the engraving and there are only two stores that I'm willing to browse during that time. Those are Claire's and Bath and Body Works. Inevitably, I end up spending more in those two stores than I do on the award. I can't help myself.

The tournament is today so I hit Things Remembered as it opened at 10. My order in, I headed to Claire's. After deciding that I don't really need one more set of Peace signs earrings, I went to Bath and Body Works.

Where I found something I had to have. It just screamed "Kathy!" Oh, I tried not to buy it. I even sent a picture of it to The Rocket Scientist with the message "I need to buy this right?" (OK, that doesn't sound like I was trying not to buy it but was rather looking for approval. But, I know him...)

Well, he was too slow on the draw. By the time he replied with "No!", I was already in the car on my way home with my new purchase.


It squeaks, too!

Way cute and it's going to look lovely in my newly remodeled bathroom. And, it was only $4! I ended up spending $7.46 in all because I decided to try one of their new anti-bacterial soaps, too. That's the cheapest I've gotten away with, ever.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020