Book Review - A Girl's Guide to Vampires

A Girl's Guide to Vampires (Dark Ones, #1) A Girl's Guide to Vampires by Katie MacAlister


My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I'm a little disappointed. Based on some of my friends' ratings and the subject matter, I expected to really like this. However, I found it, well, immature, is the best word I can come up with. It read like something I would have written in my 20s.

Two girlfriends, Joy and Roxy, head to Europe to track down the author of their favorite book series on The Dark Ones (vampires). They fall in with a group from a Goth carnival allegedly run by a vampire. Joy gets stalked by an actual vampire and meets a hottie (and has lots of sex with the hottie). A mystery is solved, true love discovered, etc.

I have another MacAlister book lined up at home. Maybe it was just this one that didn't give me a warm fuzzy.

View all my reviews >>

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020