A Little Home Improvement Project

Getting my bathroom redone stirred up a bit of a nesting instinct in me. I loved the yellow in the bathroom and decided to add some more color in the house. Redoing a whole room seemed like a lot of work but doing one wall was reasonable.

I decided to do one wall in the living room and chose green. The idea was to match my chair. I headed to Lowe's to get color samples. Then, headed to Lowe's again for more samples. The first ones were all really pretty but way too light for the room's furnishings. Ultimately, I think I had nearly 20 samples but narrowed them down to just a few.

The Rocket Scientist is on record saying he doesn't do paint but was willing to give his color opinion. He suggested I tape the samples on the wall and look at them throughout the day and night to see how they change with sunlight. I was jonesing to buy paint and get started right away but I had to agree that was a good idea. Sigh. It kills me to agree with him, almost as much as it kills him to agree with me.

Finally got it nailed down and enlisted Steven for painting assistance. I don't do ladders so I couldn't reach the top of the wall. Since he's freakishly tall, he can reach it without a ladder. We got it all taped off then put the first coat on. I did the roller part and he did the edges with a brush. We took a long lunch break then put on the second coat.

The plan was for Steven to come over the next day after work, pull the tape off, do any touchups then put the furniture back. What actually happened is he took most of the tape off but left top pieces that I couldn't reach, decided it didn't need any touchups despite the fact that they were quite obviously needed then put the furniture back. Weeks went by before he made the time to finish everything up (and he did still miss a spot) but it was finally done enough for me.

I really like it and I don't think I'm done with adding color. I may do a wall in my bedroom or in the dining room.

Living Room

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020