Birthday Surprises

We were off to Laughlin for a Parrot Head weekend. It's the first weekend in May so my birthday usually hits one of the party days. I'm so not into making a big deal out of my birthday because I refuse to believe my age is even possible. However, I do like attention so if people want to recognize it, who am I to deny their fun?

The Rocket Scientist was supposed to stay over until today (which happens to be my birthday) but had to go back for work for some serious stuff. I told him it was a lot of effort to avoid my special day. This was after reminding him that it was my birthday though he said he remembered.


I have an announcement!

Our club hosted a hospitality room for our members on Friday. In the middle of the party, TRS got everyone's attention to announce that it was my birthday weekend, got everyone to sing Happy Birthday then presented me with a cake.

It was a nice surprise but the best part of it was that it was all HIS idea to do it. OK, he did get Tracy to get the cake for him but still, all his idea. I actually got a little emotional that he put it together.


Ha ha, very funny.


Nice job, kids!


Yes, he even cut and served the cake.


And got Princess plates.


And Princess napkins.

Stars on the Water was the band playing on Saturday night. Mary O'Malley requested that they play my favorite Buffett song for me. We all rocked out to Pascagoula Run and it was awesome. That was another great surprise.

But, wait, there's more!

When I got home this afternoon, I discovered yet another sweet surprise in my house. This one was from Steven.


Left on my dining room table.


He even signed his sister's name!


Coolness!

Hanging on my living room wall is a new picture and it's fantastic! I sent a picture message of it to Dawnie and she said, "Oh he just moved up to be the best son ever! It's freakin cool!"

It is! (That's what I actually replied to her, too.)

I'm off to my parents for family dinner and that's going to be a great way to end the birthday celebrations.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020