Imagination

I can hear the whistles of trains from my house, especially at night. It always reminds me of when I was back in Wisconsin at my Grandparents' house in Big Springs. I remember the windows being open and hearing the crickets chirping and the train whistles in the distance. It always make me smile.

Apparently, it's all false.

I mentioned it to my Dad who grew up in the house in Big Springs and he said there's no railroad track anywhere near there where I could have heard a train whistle.

So, where do my very vivid memories come from? Despite my Dad saying they're false memories, I still have what seems like a very real mental flashback every time I hear a train whistle today.

Did I have a dream that just feels so real that it became a memory? I have no idea but I would rather cling to that false memory because it makes me happy than figure out why it's false.

Popular posts from this blog

This Is How Fat Thinks

June 2020

TV At Its Finest