'Tis The Season!

This text message from my son today sums it up well:  1 more day till football. I'm ready to get mad about fantasy.

Here are my drafts from my two leagues.

With the #5 pick out of 12 teams:

QB Aaron Rodgers (I took him in the first round because he's so dreamy and I wanted to be able to fully root for him and my team).
QB Jameis Winston
RB Jay Ajayi (my #2 pick who's not playing week 1 thanks to Hurricane Irma #firstworldproblems)
RB Mark Ingram
RB Darren Sproles
RB Robert Kelley ( I literally didn't know who this was which shows how little attention I pay to the Redskins)
RB Alfred Blue (my last pick and a total throwaway who is also hurt so a total throwaway)
WR TY Hilton
WR DeAndre Hopkins (totally disappointed me last year so why not let him hurt me again?)
WR Emmanuel Sanders
WR Kenny Britt
WR Mohamed Sanu
TE Delanie Walker
D Kansas City
K Matt Bryant

I have the projected #1 WB, K and D. How can I possibly lose?

With the #11 pick out of 12 teams:

QB Russell Wilson
QB Alex Smith
RB Bilal Powell
RB Jordan Howard ( can't believe I drafted a Bear but I think it was to keep him away from my Bears fan buddy who drafted Rodgers)
RB Jamal Charles (isn't this guy like 60 years old?)
RB Joe Mixon (pretty sure he's getting arrested at least once during the season)
RB James White
WR AJ Green
WR DeAndre Hopkins (why did I do this to myself twice again this year?!?! The mofo better come through.)
WR Pierre Garcon (also about 60 years old but who else are they going to throw to?)
WR Kenny Stills
WR Sammy Watkins
TE Kyle Rudolph
D Carolina
K Matt Bryant

I have the projected #1 K so, well, I'm screwed.

My buddy said to me at the draft tonight, "Can't wait to see you post "I hate fantasy football" on Facebook!" It probably won't take long. By week three I will hate both of my teams and probably lose half of my players to injury.

But, at least I get to watch my Aaron in action. Go, Pack, go!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020