Fantasy Football - Why Do I Do This To Myself?

I love football. I love competing against my friends. I tolerate losing when it's my fault. But, when it's out of my control, I go nuts. Which is why I shouldn't play fantasy sports. Yet, I do. In TWO leagues.



My first draft was the Sunday before last.  I had the 6th pick in a 12 team PPR league (that only means something to those that play fantasy but that's probably my only readers at this point - Sports Ball!). Here's who I drafted (in order).

Ezekiel Elliott
Keenan Allen
Jerick McKinnon*
Royce Freeman
Josh Gordon
Ronald Jones
Corey Davis
Sterling Shepard**
Matt Ryan***
Jordan Reed
Paul Richardson
Corey Clement
Justin Tucker
Tyrod Taylor
Broncos D

*Frak me. McKinnon went out for the season before it even started! ACL tear. I did a quick pickup of the guy behind him on the depth chart, Alfred Morris. Having written that, other sources say that Matt Breida is the actual guy behind him. I figure I'll see how it rolls out as the season goes on.

**This guy screws me every damn year. Yet, I draft him every damn year. Even when I tell Steven to not let me do it.

***I think I took Ryan too early. And, I currently have Taylor in my line up starting. To be determined, I guess.





This is my former work's league and, this year, I'm co-owning with my friend. We will not be speaking to each other by the end of the season. This is a non-PPR league with 10 teams and we had the 4th pick. Our draft in order:

Alvin Kamara RB NO
Odell Beckham WR NYG
Keenan Allen WR LAC
Joe Mixon RB CIN
Adam Thielen WR MIN
Tevin Coleman* ATL
Tarik Cohen** RB CHI
Devin Funchess WR CAR
Isaiah Crowell RB NYJ
Matthew Stafford QB DET
Jack Doyle TE IND
Matt Ryan QB ATL
DeVante Parker WR MIA
Mason Crosby*** K GB
Bears**** D

*We agreed on our starting lineup after the draft which was the night before the season started. I got a text from my co-owner "Told you to play Coleman!!!" during the game. My reply was "#toosoon". Sigh. It's going to be a long season.

**My co-owner is a Bears fan. We were debating between two players for this pick and my choice was not a Bear. As the clock ticked down on our one minute time, he said "We're out of time" and picked Cohen. I'm torn. On the one hand, I want us to win so I hope the pick works. On the other hand, I want to be able to rub it into his face that his Bear pick screwed us up. Sigh. It's going to be a long season.

***Yes, I needed at least one Green Bay player.

****This appeared to be a non-negotiable for the Bears fan. He's so in love with Khalil Mack that he's talked himself into thinking they're going to be awesome. For me, it was a D pick in the final round and not worth the argument. Deja vu - on the other hand, I want to be able to rub it into his face that his Bear pick screwed us up. Sigh. It's going to be a long season.


I'm happy that I only have two players that are on both of my teams. It's so painful when someone goes down and you have to replace them twice. And, they will go down as I'm cursed and shouldn't every play this game.

Sigh. It's going to be a long season.

Comments

Anonymous said…
So about that Bears defense......

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020