Great Getaway Spot

So, about 30 of my closest Parrot Head friends and I decided to head North for a weekend. It was great to get away from 110 degrees, let me tell you. We ended up in Lakeside, AZ at Rainbow Lake Lodge. Some of the gang had already checked out the place as the managers, Colleen and Brad, are long time friends of theirs.



We couldn't have asked for more gracious hosts. My partner in Crime for the weekend was Leslie and as we drove up on Friday afternoon, we were both looking forward to our first beers. As we got out of the car, Colleen and Brad walked over to check us in. Brad had two Bud Lights in his hands and I said, "How nice of you to bring a beer for Leslie!" He immediately offered it to her, she declined politely, he then offered again and she accepted. He offered me the other but I declined for religious reasons as I prefer to worship at the altar of Miller Lite.

The cabins were very nice. We had a one bedroom with a queen sized bed and a pull out couch. It had a full kitchen complete with microwave. The bathroom was a nice size with a full shower and bathtub. They advertised internet but I never even opened my laptop as the weekend was so relaxing, I didn't feel compelled to check the world outside of getting scores on the USA vs Ghana World Cup game. In fact, at one point I didn't even have my phone on me.


They even made us cups!

Our weekend package included a BBQ dinner on Saturday and continental breakfast on Sunday. For Saturday night, they set us up inside at their Event Hall and our club band, The Desert Island Band, played a show. We ended both Friday and Saturday with big fires around the huge fire pit and Last Man Standing contests. I was one of the lasts on Friday but the many, many politically incorrect jokes told on Saturday sent me to bed. Well, those and the cumulative effects of Maimosas (Mai Tai and Mimosa combo), Miller Lites and Moscow Mules that I consumed that day.

I met the owners on Saturday night and the wife couldn't understand why I was still single and offered to introduce me to some men she knew. How's that for customer care!?!?

It was a super time and will no doubt turn in to an annual Parrot Head event.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020