Well, That's Finally Over

I so haven't cared about the NBA finals. Once the Suns were out, I was done. But, I wasn't even that into it to begin with.

Oh, I used to be a huge NBA fan. We went to numerous games at Veteran's Memorial Coliseum through the years. I had Suns gear aplenty, especially with Dan Majerle on it.

A little Dan and me trivia; I actually watched the NBA draft and cheered when the Suns picked him in the 1988 draft. I was totally ticked off at the fans who booed. I knew he was going to be great for the team. I'm still waiting for him to call me because I know we'd be great together. ;-)

My love for the game and the players ended with the lockout in the 98/99 season. I had no sympathy for millionaire owners and millionaire players fighting over money while the game was becoming too costly for the average fans to attend. It was crazy to me.

In fact, I didn't watch or attend an NBA game for years. Probably nearly 10 years. It was only Steven getting into it and monopolizing the TV that got me back watching at all.

So, I've been to a half dozen games at US Airways Arena (but only payed for two) and I paid attention to the playoffs this year because the Suns went further than most people thought they would.

I can't say my heart was in it. And, I definitely didn't give a rat's ass after they were eliminated. I can't stand the Lakers but I'm not fond of Boston either. I halfheartedly rooted for Boston just because several of my good friends were emotionally involved.

Mostly, I just waited for it to be over so we can get back to our regularly scheduled programs.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020