Blowout Follow-up

I was sitting at a co-worker's desk today and she said, out of the blue, "Your hair looks great like that. It must have taken you a long time to do." I was happy to report that it took me a mere eight minutes to do.

Yep, I've timed it because I knew y'all would want to know for my follow-up report on the Brazilian Blowout. It's been 7 1/2 weeks since I had it done. That makes it about half way to when they said it would wear off as it's supposed to last up to three months. I've also had one coloring treatment that didn't seem to affect it at all.

Is it still bone straight? No, unfortunately. The hair underneath on the back of the nape of my neck has moved back to wavy. Not yet frizzy and snarly like it used to be but still starting to show signs of its old behavior. If I let it air dry, there's definite texture there.

However, if I blow-dry my hair, it turns out quite straight and, more amazingly, not frizzy or Bozo the Clown like as it used to be. Also amazing is that it takes very little time to blow-dry. It used to take at least 15 minutes to get my hair dry enough to style then I had to run it through a big curling iron to eliminate the frizz.

Now, I blow-dry and run it through a flat iron then a quick curl on the bangs and I'm done. Eight minutes. That's it and I'm good to go.



The pic above is from today after a freakish day of incredible amounts of rain and the damn humidity that used to make my hair a wreck. You can see my hair is still quite straight although I confess the hair at my nape has started to wave up. (I also see I need to trim my bangs again and, Jiminy Christmas, could I have any more freckles?).

I'm hooked.

Bonus is that a friend emailed me one of those daily coupon specials so I'm set for my second blowout at only $140 (I'm sure someone just joked at me saying "only" but it's a great deal). I scheduled it for four days before I head to Key West so I will have fabulous hair there.

Sweetness!

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020