Once More Unto The Breach

So, when I finished my 144 Books in 2010 goal, I said I wouldn't do that challenge again. I said it often, actually. The Rocket Scientist even point blank told me I wasn't doing it again.

The latter command, I turned into a joke in my holiday letter by saying he told me I couldn't do it again and that I always do what he says. We all had a good laugh at that statement. (I think he laughed, I know everyone else did.)

So, 2011 started and I was getting messages from the new Goodreads group. They renamed it Cover to Cover Challenge and the participants get to pick their goal. There are currently 29,372 people participating with a combined goal of 2,282,550 books.

That's a lot of books!

I thought about quietly signing up because I hate feeling left out. I knew TRS would give me a rash of shit if I publicized then bitched about it like I did last year. He would have been justified.

So, I ignored it until I saw that my friend Dawnie joined the group and set a goal of 75 books. I couldn't stand being left out any longer so I set my goal and joined the group.

They made it super easy this year! One click to join then you put in your goal number and it automatically keeps track of your total based on your Goodreads updates. Way more convenient than last year where I had to manually track it. It even included my reported books this year right away.

I was still going to keep it on the down low but when I completed the process, it popped up with a window to publish it on Facebook. Oh, boy, no way to keep it secret then. I could have skipped that but I didn't because I thought it would be funnier to post it with the message, "Shhh...don't tell TRS."

That started a thread of comments that I found amusing, TRS probably not so much.

Oh, and my goal for 2011 is 50 books. I figured one a week with two weeks off for vacation is a good enough challenge.

I may be crazy, but I'm not insane.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020